My Mental Health Insights
- When you don't want to take your coat off in a restaurant because you're wearing a posture brace over your clothes.
- When you're finding things hard and the only comfort you can get is by singing songs to yourself...
- When you tell a 'friend' you're seriously ill and they say I hope you're feeling better as if you had a cold.
- When you spend every day of your life fighting the selfishness than depression brings but the one day that you miss, you're branded selfish 'til the end of time.
- When, to begin with, depression always affected your immune system but you've had it for so long it no longer makes you at risk to viruses.
- When you're encouraged to go and see a film you know you're going to hate because it will distract you from doing something 'silly'
- When someone says he has 'borderline depression' because he has a hangover #takingthepiss
- When your depression doesn't seem to follow the usual patterns e.g. I don't have the Black Dog feeling...
- Tube and train tracks have the power to 'draw me in'.
- When you're too much of a high-functioning depression, that you have to constantly explain to people that you are ill.
- That the usual things that appear in depressive people like poor hygiene, do not appear in you until it's way too late.
- When you find yourself exaggerating your 'happy' face even more to people who cannot understand how one person can be unhappy for more than a day.
- When you find yourself laughing about your own death (yeh, I know; it's dark humour, okay?)
- When a change of counsellor causes you to crash.
List is ongoing 😃
January 12th, 2018